NC General Statue 163-278.7(f)
Every treasurer of a political committee shall participate in training as to the duties of the office within three months of appointment and at least once every four years thereafter. The State Board of Elections shall provide the training as to the duties of the office in person, through regional seminars, and through interactive electronic means. The treasurer may designate an assistant treasurer to participate in the training, if one is named under subdivision (b)(9) of this section. The treasurer may choose to participate in training prior to each election in which the political committee is involved. All such training shall be free of charge to the treasurer and assistant treasurer.
NC State Board of Elections Registration Instructions
- To create a new account , click on the link next to the word "Register" after clicking on the "SIGN UP" button on the top of this page.
NOTE: New account users must wait 24-72 hours before they are allowed to register for training.
- Complete all the required fields and then click "Login".
- First and last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- User ID (recommended User ID is email address)
- Category (Associated State Agency)
- Association (Elections)
- Password requirements: Upper and lowercase letters, alpha and numeric characters, must be 8-20 characters, cannot have leading or trailing spaces, and cannot be the same as Username, User ID, or email address.
- From the Welcome page, search for training in the upper right corner. Enter the word "Campaign and click the magnifying glass symbol.
- You should see multiple training options in your list. Click on the training title of your preference (NCSBE Campaign Finance Mandatory Compliance Training), either the classroom or online session:
- The classroom session has a calendar symbol in red.
- The online session has a computer screen.
- If a classroom session is selected, you will be taken to the next screen to REQUEST the session you would to attend. The system may not immediately provide you with a list of session dates to select from. If this happens, you will need to log out and wait until the next day (generally 24 hours) to log in and then the dates will be available.
- You will be prompted to complete a short form for reporting purposes. Fill those out and then click SUBMIT. Required fields:
- Full Name
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- You will also be asked for:
- Committee or Candidate Name
- County Name
- If online training is selected, you will be taken to the next screen. Select REQUEST. Then select REGISTER. The system will process your registration and then select LAUNCH. The course will proceed to load in a new window. There is currently no audio for the online training. If you encounter a problem viewing the training website or loading the training presentation, the following troubleshooting tip may provide assistance:
- If you are unable to open the training website, it may be because you have a pop-up blocker for security reasons on your computer. You will need to configure your pop-up blocker to allow access to the training website.
- If you need to return to the course or after you have completed it (either online or in-person) you will use the User ID and password that you created to log back in to view and print your certificate from the transcript page.